Why should parents read to their children?
I’m sure everyone knows that reading to your child is a good thing to do, but have you considered all of the wonderful benefits? The list below was taken from an article, 10 Reasons Why You Should Read to Your Kids, from EarlyMoments.com. Check it out if you would like to see the article in its entirety.
- A stronger relationship with you
- Academic excellence
- Basic speech skills
- The basics of how to read a book
- Better communication skills
- Mastery of language
- More logical thinking skills
- Acclimation to new experiences
- Enhanced concentration and discipline
- The knowledge that reading is fun!