In Sunday’s AJC, some great “Back to School Advice” was offered to parents. I’d like to paraphrase a few tips for you:
- #1 on the list was bedtimes! Bedtimes need to be routine and timed so that your child is getting plenty of sleep every night
- Eat a healthy breakfast every morning
- Read to your child at least 10-15 minutes daily (make it fun)
- Check over homework
- Spend quality time with your child (play a game or just talk)
- Look over the papers your teacher sends home
I’ll be glad to elaborate on any or all of these tips if you’d like some suggestions, just call or stop by sometime!