It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!! This time of year is so exciting for our students! We have planned many fun activities for them. Please note these dates and the requested items at the bottom of your letter sent home today. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Friday, December 5th:
- Field Trip to the Center for Puppetry Arts. We are leaving the building at 8:30.
- Chaperoning parents will have to drive and bring your own lunch.
- Students must wear jeans or uniform bottoms with a red SRCS polo.
Monday, December 8th:
- Angel Tree donations are due.
Wednesday, December 10:
- Donated items due (see below). Thank you in advance!
Thursday, December 11th:
- We need parent volunteers to come bright and early to build our Gingerbread houses. If you are able to come and help, please email our room mom. If possible, volunteers need to bring a hot-glue gun, hot-glue sticks, an extension cord, and an X-acto knife. Volunteers will begin in the cafeteria at 8:00am and work until about 10:15ish.
Friday, December 12th:
- Gingerbread houses made with buddy class at 1:30pm in the cafeteria. We welcome parents to join us for the fun!
Tuesday, December 16th:
- Dress rehearsal for Christmas Play.
- Students should wear costumes to school. If you purchased your own costume, please make sure it is labeled with your child’s name. Students need to wear uniforms under the costumes or bring a uniform to school.
Tuesday, December 16th:
- “The Greatest Story Ever Told” Christmas Play 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. Please make sure your child is in his/her classroom by 6:30 pm in order to dress in his/her costume.
Wednesday, December 17th:
- Polar Express Day-wear your pajamas to school to enjoy some hot chocolate, cookies, and a movie.
Friday, December 20th:
- Class Christmas Party at 8:30am in the classroom. Everyone is invited to party with us!!
- Students may be checked out of school after the party. This is a ½ day for students.
- Our room mom will set up a Sign-Up Genius account for you to select an item to send in.
For our gingerbread house decorating, please send in the item listed on your child’s letter by Wednesday, December 10th. If you are unable to send in this item, please let you teacher know so that other arrangements can be made. Thank you!!!!
We cannot wait to celebrate Christmas with you!