Fall Achievement Testing for Kindergarten – 8th Grade
October 14 – 18
When your child returns from fall break, fall testing will begin. Please know that this fall testing date is set by the College Board. They are the ones who set the date for the PSAT, PLAN, and EXPLORE – tests that our 9th, 10th and 11th graders take. Because we are all on one campus, the schedule works best to do all testing during the same week.
Kindergarten and 1st grade take the Stanford Early School Achievement Test (SESAT) and the 2nd – 8th grade takes the Comprehensive Testing Program (C.T.P. 4) test. This is a rigorous test of student achievement in the areas of reading, vocabulary, writing, and mathematics. Verbal and quantitative reasoning are assessed as well. Please be sure your child follows these important tips!
- Prior to testing, ensure your child gets a good night’s rest.
- On the morning of testing, wake your child a little earlier than usual.
- Encourage your child to eat a normal, healthy breakfast.
- Make the morning time as stress-free as possible.
- Speak positive words of affirmation. Some children easily get anxious about testing.
- Ensure that your child brings two or more sharpened #2 pencils.
- Please do not stress about these tests.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Olender firstname.lastname@example.org .